Welcome to HardwareForumz.com!
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in

AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean?

 
   Hardware Problem Solving Community! (Home) -> AOPEN RSS
Next:  MOTHERBOARD BIOS CHIPS REPLACED OR RE-PROGRAMMED  
Author Message
TrOll1

External


Since: Dec 14, 2003
Posts: 4



(Msg. 1) Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:27 am
Post subject: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean?
Archived from groups: alt>comp>periphs>mainboard>aopen (more info?)

I have this board in this computer. The computer has been giving me
this error message

Primary IDE channel [no 80 cable installed

I have changed the 80 pin cable. I have also changed the hard drive.
I looked for anything in the BIOS that would tell me what's wrong but
have found nothing. Does anyone know what this means or why I'm
getting this message?

Thanks,

TrOll

 >> Stay informed about: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? 
Back to top
Login to vote
Michael J. Apollyo

External


Since: Nov 30, 2003
Posts: 49



(Msg. 2) Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:55 am
Post subject: Re: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

TrOll wrote:
 > I have this board in this computer. The computer has been giving me
 > this error message
 >
 > Primary IDE channel [no 80 cable installed
 >
 > I have changed the 80 pin cable. I have also changed the hard drive.
 > I looked for anything in the BIOS that would tell me what's wrong but
 > have found nothing. Does anyone know what this means or why I'm
 > getting this message?

TrOll,

This may sound silly... But it usually means you either don't have an
80 conductor cable or it's installed backwards.

Try reversing the cable. On most 80-conductor cables, the blue
connector attaches to the motherboard and the black attaches to your
primary device.

 >> Stay informed about: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? 
Back to top
Login to vote
TrOll2

External


Since: Dec 14, 2003
Posts: 1



(Msg. 3) Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:56 am
Post subject: Re: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:55:59 GMT, "Michael J. Apollyon"
wrote:

 >TrOll wrote:
  >> I have this board in this computer. The computer has been giving me
  >> this error message
  >>
  >> Primary IDE channel [no 80 cable installed
  >>
  >> I have changed the 80 pin cable. I have also changed the hard drive.
  >> I looked for anything in the BIOS that would tell me what's wrong but
  >> have found nothing. Does anyone know what this means or why I'm
  >> getting this message?
 >
 >TrOll,
 >
 >This may sound silly... But it usually means you either don't have an
 >80 conductor cable or it's installed backwards.
 >
 >Try reversing the cable. On most 80-conductor cables, the blue
 >connector attaches to the motherboard and the black attaches to your
 >primary device.

This may sound silly... But that's the way it has been connected all
along. On both of them. I pulled the hard drive and cable off
another computer I have just to check it at POST but I still get the
same error message. Any other ideas? I'm thinking there's something
wrong with this board, like a cold solder joint or something. Anywho,
I'm still open for suggestions on stuff to check.

Thanks,

TrOll
 >> Stay informed about: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? 
Back to top
Login to vote
John S. Washburn

External


Since: Nov 30, 2003
Posts: 8



(Msg. 4) Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:56 am
Post subject: Re: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Now days, most if not all IDE cables are "keyed" so they can only be plugged
in one way. The problem you describe sounds like you don't have the jumper
set on the harddrive correctly. Look at the drive and make sure the jumper
is set to Master.


"TrOll" wrote in message

 > On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:55:59 GMT, "Michael J. Apollyon"

 >
  > >TrOll wrote:
   > >> I have this board in this computer. The computer has been giving me
   > >> this error message
   > >>
   > >> Primary IDE channel [no 80 cable installed
   > >>
   > >> I have changed the 80 pin cable. I have also changed the hard drive.
   > >> I looked for anything in the BIOS that would tell me what's wrong but
   > >> have found nothing. Does anyone know what this means or why I'm
   > >> getting this message?
  > >
  > >TrOll,
  > >
  > >This may sound silly... But it usually means you either don't have an
  > >80 conductor cable or it's installed backwards.
  > >
  > >Try reversing the cable. On most 80-conductor cables, the blue
  > >connector attaches to the motherboard and the black attaches to your
  > >primary device.
 >
 > This may sound silly... But that's the way it has been connected all
 > along. On both of them. I pulled the hard drive and cable off
 > another computer I have just to check it at POST but I still get the
 > same error message. Any other ideas? I'm thinking there's something
 > wrong with this board, like a cold solder joint or something. Anywho,
 > I'm still open for suggestions on stuff to check.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > TrOll
 >
 >> Stay informed about: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? 
Back to top
Login to vote
user55

External


Since: Nov 11, 2003
Posts: 72



(Msg. 5) Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:29 pm
Post subject: Re: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"TrOll" wrote in message

 > I have this board in this computer. The computer has been giving me
 > this error message
 >
 > Primary IDE channel [no 80 cable installed
 >
 > I have changed the 80 pin cable. I have also changed the hard drive.
 > I looked for anything in the BIOS that would tell me what's wrong but
 > have found nothing. Does anyone know what this means or why I'm
 > getting this message?
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > TrOll

Do you have any CD/DVD drives or older ATA33 hard drives hooked to this
cable? If so, this can cause the error.

Chris
 >> Stay informed about: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? 
Back to top
Login to vote
TrOll1

External


Since: Dec 14, 2003
Posts: 4



(Msg. 6) Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:53 am
Post subject: Re: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Yes John, the jumper is set to Master. I've also tried it on Cable
Select and I still get the same message.

TrOll

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:56:35 GMT, "John S. Washburn"
wrote:

 >Now days, most if not all IDE cables are "keyed" so they can only be plugged
 >in one way. The problem you describe sounds like you don't have the jumper
 >set on the harddrive correctly. Look at the drive and make sure the jumper
 >is set to Master.
 >
 >


  >> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:55:59 GMT, "Michael J. Apollyon"

  >>
   >> >TrOll wrote:
   >> >> I have this board in this computer. The computer has been giving me
   >> >> this error message
   >> >>
   >> >> Primary IDE channel [no 80 cable installed
   >> >>
   >> >> I have changed the 80 pin cable. I have also changed the hard drive.
   >> >> I looked for anything in the BIOS that would tell me what's wrong but
   >> >> have found nothing. Does anyone know what this means or why I'm
   >> >> getting this message?
   >> >
   >> >TrOll,
   >> >
   >> >This may sound silly... But it usually means you either don't have an
   >> >80 conductor cable or it's installed backwards.
   >> >
   >> >Try reversing the cable. On most 80-conductor cables, the blue
   >> >connector attaches to the motherboard and the black attaches to your
   >> >primary device.
  >>
  >> This may sound silly... But that's the way it has been connected all
  >> along. On both of them. I pulled the hard drive and cable off
  >> another computer I have just to check it at POST but I still get the
  >> same error message. Any other ideas? I'm thinking there's something
  >> wrong with this board, like a cold solder joint or something. Anywho,
  >> I'm still open for suggestions on stuff to check.
  >>
  >> Thanks,
  >>
  >> TrOll
  >>
 >
 >> Stay informed about: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? 
Back to top
Login to vote
TrOll1

External


Since: Dec 14, 2003
Posts: 4



(Msg. 7) Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:55 am
Post subject: Re: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:29:58 GMT, "c" wrote:

 >


  >> I have this board in this computer. The computer has been giving me
  >> this error message
  >>
  >> Primary IDE channel [no 80 cable installed
  >>
  >> I have changed the 80 pin cable. I have also changed the hard drive.
  >> I looked for anything in the BIOS that would tell me what's wrong but
  >> have found nothing. Does anyone know what this means or why I'm
  >> getting this message?
  >>
  >> Thanks,
  >>
  >> TrOll
 >
 >Do you have any CD/DVD drives or older ATA33 hard drives hooked to this
 >cable? If so, this can cause the error.
 >
 >Chris

No Chris, I have the CDROM on a seprate cable. There's only one
device on each cable and both are Masters.

TrOll
 >
 >> Stay informed about: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? 
Back to top
Login to vote
GeoSd

External


Since: Dec 19, 2003
Posts: 2



(Msg. 8) Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:07 am
Post subject: Re: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

If you put the CDrom on the 1st ide and the H/D on the 2dn ide and see if it
would boot up now..!


"TrOll" wrote in message


 >
  > >


   > >> I have this board in this computer. The computer has been giving me
   > >> this error message
   > >>
   > >> Primary IDE channel [no 80 cable installed
   > >>
   > >> I have changed the 80 pin cable. I have also changed the hard drive.
   > >> I looked for anything in the BIOS that would tell me what's wrong but
   > >> have found nothing. Does anyone know what this means or why I'm
   > >> getting this message?
   > >>
   > >> Thanks,
   > >>
   > >> TrOll
  > >
  > >Do you have any CD/DVD drives or older ATA33 hard drives hooked to this
  > >cable? If so, this can cause the error.
  > >
  > >Chris
 >
 > No Chris, I have the CDROM on a seprate cable. There's only one
 > device on each cable and both are Masters.
 >
 > TrOll
  > >
 >
 >> Stay informed about: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? 
Back to top
Login to vote
TrOll1

External


Since: Dec 14, 2003
Posts: 4



(Msg. 9) Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:37 am
Post subject: Re: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:07:58 -0000, "GeoSd" wrote:

 >If you put the CDrom on the 1st ide and the H/D on the 2dn ide and see if it
 >would boot up now..!


<snip>
I haven't tried that but I will Monday. I've got other things to do
tomorrow (honey do stuff) so Monday will be the first chance I have to
try that.

Thanks for the reply,

TrOll
 >> Stay informed about: AK77-8XN ERROR . What does this mean? 
Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
Related Topics:
AK77-8XN & AGP X8 - Hi all The AK77-8XN supports 8X AGP My GForce4 is 8X compatible. The BIOS reports that the AGP is running at 4X, is the normal or is their a fix. Thanks Paul

AK77-600 Max - This motherboard worked fine for about six months. It "talks" when there is a problem. Once when the keyboard wasn't plugged in all the way it said "Keyboard or mouse, we have a problem" during bootup. I never heard it speak again ...

AK77 pro max speed CPU? - What is the fastest Athlon I can run in this motherboard ? Rob

Ati AIW 9000 Pro and Aopen ak77-8xn - I have an Ati All In Wonder 9000 Pro and an Aopen Ak77-8xn motherboard with 512 meg Ram, AMD 2500. When I try to set up the tv tuner, it will go through the setup until it shows the first screen of the tv for 1 sec then disappears. When you click on the....

ak77-8x max fsb speed - Hi all, Question regarding the AK77-8x Max mobo. I am currently running an Athlon XP 2500+ on one of these, and would like to milk some speed out of the system. I tried setting the fsb to 200 using the jumper pins on the board, and the pc would not..
   Hardware Problem Solving Community! (Home) -> AOPEN All times are: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]